Thursday, November 12, 2009

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff!!


Tonight I had one of those nights!  I am sure if you have kids, you can understand the night- where you are trying to get the kids in bed, but they are wired.  You brush teeth, but they are jumping around, trying to chase each other as you are trying to brush.  One child has their pjs on, the other is missing a shirt.  Just pure craziness!  Well, tonight was one of those nights.  My kiddos were being so silly, it was 8 o'clock which is their bedtime... and they were acting as if they had just inhaled sugar and could stay up for days.  I was doing my absolute best not to lose it and get them IN the bed..."trying" being the main word in that sentence.  As I walked into the kitchen, I heard someone messing with my ipod station... I was about to get really upset, but then I heard a familiar song.  We listen to it alot while we're in the kitchen...one of my favorites!  Ava had turned on Darius Rucker's "It won't be like this for long".  If you haven't heard it, you need to!  I have never felt that a song instantly talked to me the second I heard it play, but in that moment, I knew the message before the first word was sung!  I felt so strongly that God was sitting there shouting those words to me... Carrie, there are not always going to be little teeth to brush... there won't always be little feet running around your house... these little bodies that you are having to dress for bed will not always be so little.  One day they are going to grow up and you will miss these days!  Needless to say, I took the message to heart, grabbed my camera & snapped pictures of my "babies", and laughed til' my side hurt.  It's one of those nights that will forever be etched in my memory!  :)



 









 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I almost cried when I read this! I know how you felt!