Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Lucy!!!

Can't believe it's been a year since we got this silly girl!  It's been a very fun year with her... but also a few moments that made me wonder what we were thinking when we decided to get a dog.  Ha!  I've always been a huge dog lover, but never fully had to care for one by myself!  I've never had to pay for food... take care of baths...etc!  It's definitley been a learning process.  We are fortunate enough to have my cousin, Ryan, as our vet... so I have NO reason to complain in this area!  He makes house calls to give her shots and we get all our medicine for her at cost... so seriously... NO reason to complain.  But I could compain about the hair I have to clean daily... the smell of a "dog" when she comes in from outside...the flowerbed she has decided to dig in several times.  But in a funny way, I would compare her to one of my own kids... yes, there is sometimes a trail of dirty paws on my floor and nose marks on my windows... but I couldn't imagine our family without her!  She is always there to show love when someone needs it... she is always happy to see us... and she is so fun to play with!!  We love our sweet Lucy Liu!!!

Instead of giving her cake...
we figured she would appreciate a hamburger straight from the grill!!


I think we were hoping for too much...
I really wanted her to blow out her own candles... ha!


With her favorite people!!

No comments: